You can download our ALGPR – Adoption Application Form 2019 here. If you can’t meet the charity’s criteria, particularly when it comes to size of accommodation and where it will be housed, perhaps you should re-think whether guinea pigs are the right pets for you.
We ask that you don’t turn up to look at the guinea pigs without reviewing these first. We are usually short staffed by volunteers who need to focus on cleaning and feeding the piggies in our care and we don’t hear from 8 out of 10 on spec visitors so maybe you can understand that our time is precious. Most rescues are the same. It’s not that we don’t want you to adopt, rather that we don’t have the people power to show on spec visitors around.
But once we have your application or have started an email dialogue, we’ll be more than happy to see you.
All the information you need should be on the website, but if you have any further queries, please contact us.
1. Email us your completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible with any queries.
2. If you wish to proceed, please ensure you have the larger items prior to the home visit. We are more than happy to advise if you don’t yet have equipment. We want you to avoid expensive mistakes buying hutches or runs which may not be suitable. We sometimes stock new or used equipment in our shop, the proceeds of which go directly into the charity so we can help you every step of the way to get your home ready for guinea pigs – whether you buy from us or not.
4. When you are ready we will liaise with you to arrange the home visit. The home visitors are there to help you and give any advice you may need.
5. Subject to a successful home visit, an appointment can be made to choose and collect the guinea pigs.
6. We offer free hands on sessions to learn the basics on diet, handling and how to care for your pigs to keep them in good health. We insist on these sessions for owners new to keeping guinea pigs.