Welcome to our website, please feel free to have a look around using the links in the menu above.
In our final newsletter of the year, read about our new extension – from a pile of rubble to the final coat of paint. Thank you to everyone who helped turn this into a reality!
Find out more about the benefits of being a long-term fostercarer for some of the older piggies in our care:
- The guinea pigs are FREE
- There are NO VET BILLS – ever. BUT….any treatment must be done with our vet. The charity pays for this
- Any medication required is FREE and provided by the charity
- FREE welfare checks every quarter or whenever there is a problem – for life
- You are entitled to HALF PRICE boarding fees
- You get 10% DISCOUNT on anything bought in our shop
Read the December issue of Jeepers Squeakers! online.
The sun shone, the crowds came, guinea pigs competed in the Fun Show and the Agility Arena and at last count you helped us raise over £3,000 – with more dribbling in thanks to Dawn Ash who raised funds by having all her hair cut off!
April Lodge Guinea Pig Rescue was established in 2004 and we have cared for over 1700 unwanted guinea pigs in our 12 year history. We’re proud to say that over 1500 of these went on to be adopted and over 100 went into foster care. We endeavour to find our guinea pigs kind, loving, permanent homes following a poor start in life.
Registered with the Charities Commission, number 1121002 since 2007
Charity Founder: Val Savage B.A.R., Guinea Pig Health Advisor